Have an idea for a great Sense of Place lecture?
Submit an Idea for Sense of Place
Sense of Place is an annual lecture series that seeks to foster a deeper understanding of and connection to our landscape and to each other. The series began as a small gathering in 2010 and has since grown to attract nearly 1,000 people each year. Lectures occur once a month between October and March and take place at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River, OR.
What we’re looking for:
- Presenters who are experts in a topic or topics that relate to the cultural, natural or political history of the Gorge.
- Presenters who are good at and enjoy public speaking, and who can tailor their presentation to fit within the Sense of Place theme.
- Willingness to present in Hood River, OR.
What we can offer:
- Lodging for out-of-town presenters.
- Gift certificate for dinner in Hood River.
- Event marketing to our audience of 2,000 e-newsletter readers and Facebook fans, local newspapers and partners.
- Book sales facilitated by Waucoma Bookstore.
- A chance to be a part of a popular and meaningful lecture series at a professional venue that regularly draws crowds of 100-200 people.
- Modest honorarium.
To Apply, please click on the box below. Applications are accepted until April 30, 2016.