Sense of Place
Fostering a deeper understanding of connections to our landscape and to each other.
Now in its 7th year, the Annual Sense of Place Lecture Series continues to deliver interesting, meaningful lectures that bring us closer to the human and natural history of the Columbia River Gorge. Each lecture draws, on average, over 100 people looking to build a greater connection with the place they call home.
The Sense of Place lecture series is truly a unique cultural asset. While both highly educational and relevant, presentations never fail to entertain, inspire and challenge the audience. A concerted effort is made to host high-quality presenters who are experts in their fields — authors, historians, artists, movers and shakers. The 2016-17 Season is made possible by the support of the following AMAZING sponsors (please support them by patronizing these businesses/organizations!). Sponsorships start at $150- please read the sponsorship packet here. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in sponsoring the 2016-17 Series.
- Common Energy, LLC
- Columbia Gorge Physical Therapy
- Dog River Coffee
- Northwest Natural
- Friends of the Columbia Gorge
- Scott Sorensen Construction, Inc
Lecture Specific Sponsors:
- Sitka Stairs: October 19, Never Give Up! Minoru Yasui and the Fight for Justice, Holly Yasui, Will Doolittle & Peggy Nagae
- Tofurky: November 16, The Paradox of the Cascades Tribes, David Lewis, PhD.
- Jay Sherrerd: December 14, Crag Rats: Eight Decades of Mountain Rescue from Mt Hood to the Columbia River, Christopher Van Tilburg
- Interfluve: January 18, Connecting our Past to our Future: Tribal Life Along the River, Paul Lumley
- Camp 1805 & Solstice Woodfire Cafe: February 15, Woody Guthrie’s Columbia River Songs & The Planned Promised Land In The PNW, Greg Vandy
- Hood River Valley Residents Committee: March 15, A Sense of Honor: How Community Members Supported Japanese Americans during World War II, Linda Tamura
- Kevin Widener & Luci Walker
- Dave Radcliffe
- Dr. Lynn Orr in honor of The History Museum of Hood River County
- Brad Schrick
- Lee & Melinda Weinstein
- Mimi Macht