Take these simple steps to maximize your partnership with Gorge Owned
- Be sure to set up your business membership account online and update your entry in our GO! Local Living Economy Business Directory. This is a unique mission-based directory with loads of great features, so do take advantage.
- Use your current GO! Business Member badge (Vector image file) online and in print throughout the year to signal your association with the best local, sustainable businesses in the Gorge. If your business is a brick & mortar, proudly display your set of current window and door decals, too.
- All GO! business members have exclusive self-serve access to our GO! local events calendar, local deals listings, and (new!) local jobs board, which we regularly promote via Facebook and newsletter. We watch our members’ communications and add your content when we can, but we strongly encourage members to submit their events, deals, and job announcements to us directly. If you’re having trouble uploading these to our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and we’ll be happy to take care of it on our end.
- Members at the Enhanced level and above are encouraged to share with us what makes your business uniquely Gorge Owned. Are you making efforts to engage proactively in your community, or making strides toward sustainable business practices? We want to know! In many cases, it is readily apparent how to communicate your story and the important efforts your business makes. But not always; the key is to stay in touch. Please email email@example.com anytime you have meaningful news to share.
- Double check that you receive our e-newsletter (you can sign up through our homepage at gorgeowned.org) and that you follow our Facebook page. We don’t typically notify members in advance when we promote your work, so do keep an eye out, and share GO! content with your friends and supporters to help increase our reach.
- Watch for opportunities to connect via GO! community events and open houses. Current business members are always given priority to participate in or host a range of Gorge Owned programs and events. We will notify members when there are nearby opportunities to join in on.
- Consider taking advantage of an add-on service to your membership. The Chinook Book local, sustainable shopping app connects local businesses to more than 58,000 active users of this coupon app in Portland and the Gorge. We also partner with a phenomenal local digital media company to produce GO! Local digital film shorts. Current members may purchase this service outright, or submit for consideration for
merit-basedscholarship. Program sponsorship is another excellent way to increase your reach, and to support vital GO! programs in the process. As an entirely community-funded nonprofit organization, sponsorship is critical to our success and allows programs like GO! Local to thrive. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Take these simple steps to maximize your partnership with Gorge Owned! Above all, stay in touch — email email@example.com! We want to hear about your events, promotions, job announcements, and other meaningful news.